Friday 24 May 2013

Fashion | Haul | Blue Rinse 






At the weekend I visited the Northern Quarter in Manchester, which has to be one of my favourite areas for unique and interesting shops of extreme variety. And it's not just the clothes shops, the Northern Quarter hosts an array of cafes from cute to grungey and the biggest, most amazing art supply shop I've ever come across. Blue Rinse is one of the many vintage shops in the Northern Quarter, and the one i spent most time in on saturday. Blue Rinse have some stock in Miss Selfridge and I think sometimes in Urban Outfitters but the actual shop Blue Rinse is like a treasure cove filled with unique finds. They remake clothes from vintage garments, alter vintage clothes to fit better, use vintage patterns to make new clothes and use vintage fabrics to make new pieces. On saturday I picked up some Levi shorts and a baggy summery top. 
The Levis were a planned purchase, i was on the hunt for pale Levi shorts for summer. These fit the brief perfectly. At only £25, much cheaper than the ones sold in Urban Outfitters which can be up to £45 and up to £75 from the Levi website, they were a massive bargain for acid wash Levis. I opted for longer shorts than i had last year because lets face it my legs aren't the best, and slightly longer shorts give me more coverage and less chance of showing half my butt, because that's never a good luck, is it? Being remade and altered means they won't be exactly the same as other Levis and makes them that little bit more special.
The top was more of an impulse buy. A way for me to wear summery clothes without it being too tight or bright. I was drawn in by the pretty gold pattern and comfy baggy shape. In all honestly this shape of top isn't the most flattering style for me but at only £12 I couldn't resist. 
I styled this top and shorts with a gold chain necklace from H&M for around £8 and black tights, because it's not quite sunny enough for bare legs yet, and my trusty converse to achieve an easy, summery, casual look.

8 comments:

  1. Wow! Loved the shirt and matching necklace - looked amazing!

    Christina xx
    http://christinathorup.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute outfit darling :)

    Have a wonderful day,

    Boonya - theartywardrobe.blogspot.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg I really love your blog(: It's really cute and pretty, I love it!

    Follow and check out me?

    CharlotteHavs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love yours too! Followed :) x

      Delete
  4. The shorts look so good and I really love the top! They go really well together. Blue Rinse sounds like such a good shop.

    Hannah x

    http://b-l-a-b.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. loving the outfit!

    Would you like to follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know! :-)
    - Janine
    http://theeoptimist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete