Sunday 19 May 2013

Beauty | Review | Benefit Mascara 


I've had the benefit 'they're Real!' mascara before and really liked it so a while ago I decided that I would buy it again as my Estee Lauder 'Sumptuous Mascara' had almost ran out. Yesterday I finally got around to buying it, and picked one up from boots. I had really been looking forward to buying it as I remembered it being a fantastic mascara. However I was extremely disappointed with the results. I had a blog post all planned out for it and had even taken the before shots of my eye and some photos of the packaging. However when i got round to applying the mascara it was absolutely terrible. It was a kind of runny consistency that clumped on my eyelashes and made them stick together. The packaging promises 'dramatic length and volume', 'base-to-tip curl' and 'visible lift', however i saw none of these things. It was also extremely difficult to remove and was stuck to my eyelashes like glue. I don't know if i just got a dodgy batch or if it really wasn't meant for me, but I do know I'll be taking this back, and that I won't be buying any more products from benefit any time soon. Although my eyelashes are pretty long they are also annoying straight, so holding a curl is really difficult, even with good quality eyelash curlers. I'm thinking of buying the Urban Decay 'Supercurl Curling Mascara' or the Estee Lauder 'Zero Smudge Curling Mascara' as both have good reviews and promise a long lasting good curl. Let me know if you know if either of those mascaras or any good, or is you know any other good mascaras down in the comments as i am in need of a new one desperately.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the Liebster Awards! Check out my blog for more information.
    xx. Elzee.

    www.ElZeeDaily.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you :) I'll get started on that now xx

      Delete
  2. Just wanted to let you know that I've nominated you for the Liebster Awards!
    The info is on my blog!

    bethanylu xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Also thank you for the follow, i love your blog, followed you back :) xxx

      Delete